For those looking for a more active holiday, Tenerife has plenty of activities to enjoy, including:
- Festivals- Tenerife plays host to some terrific and colourful festivals all year round. Experience massive parades, wild costumes with traditional carnivals celebrated nationwide in February and March. You can also celebrate Fiesta de San Andrés (Festival of Saint Andrew) by enjoying a bout of wine-tasting as the wine cellars open up to the public, but watch out as youngsters slide down the street with greased wooden boards in this unusual past-time.
- Loro parque- Visit one of the biggest and most diverse zoos in the world, home to the world's biggest dolphin show pool and collection of parrots!
- Aqualand- The best way to beat the heat! Unleash your inner-child and take a splash in the river rapids, race down incredible waterslides such as "Kamikaze" or "Boomerang", or sit back and relax whilst drifting lazily along the "Congo River".
- Deep sea fishing- Take a trip out in the Atlantic Ocean to feel the thrill of catching big-game fish, such as tuna, sailfish and barracuda.
- Water-sports- Feel the ocean wind in your hair as you take part in one of Tenerife's most popular pursuits. From jet-skiing to para-sailing to wind-surfing, there is something for everyone. Available at most resorts and marinas.
- Hiking - Journey across stunning landscapes, with plenty of natural countryside to be discovered. Walk through the Aganga Mountains, take a stroll down the Valle de la Orotava, or trek through the 21 marked paths of the Parque Nacional de las Cañadas del Teide, the Mount Teide National Park.
- Canarian wrestling (Lucha Canaria) - A prevalent tourist attraction, practised throughout the islands. Rings can found around Valle San Lorenzo, about 15 kilometres from Costa Adeje.
Beach holidays in Tenerife offer a fantastic opportunity to relax and soak up the sun. Tenerife boasts a large array of sun-kissed beaches. Enjoy the natural black sands from the island's volcanic foundations, or feel your worries diminish with Tenerife's range of golden man-made beaches. Tenerife is also host to a great number of resorts, consisting of hotels and apartments, private beaches, golf courses, spas, bars, restaurants and much more. Also take advantage of the many all inclusive properties we feature.
The Canary Islands are situatued just off the north-west coast of Africa. Tenerife is the biggest and most populous of the Spanish archipelago, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, and is home to two World Heritage Sites, El Teide, the world's 3rd largest volcano, and San Cristóbal de La Laguna, the 2nd largest city on the island. The Tenerife way of life is a delightful mix of modern Spanish culture mixed with the influence of Gaunches tribal history, who inhabited the isles some 500 years ago.
Tenerife holidays are close to a shopaholic's paradise. With many great shopping locations around the island, shopping in Tenerife offers department stores with all the labels, unique traditional alternative shops and considerably more. Be sure to take advantage of Tenerife's low tax and take an adventure to try and find those bargains.
The Canaries biggest island offers plenty of evening entertainment, with a wide and exciting nightlife catering for all types of party-goers. Get down and dance at Playa de Las Americas, or try some traditional Spanish cuisine and salsa songs at the Puerta de la Cruz or Santa Cruz resorts.
The Canary Islands, Tenerife is a popular family destination, and also perfect for a holiday with friends, or for a chance to relax. There are many opportunity for all-inclusive deals and individual deals to cater for your wants and needs. Furthermore, holidays in Tenerife can fit all budgets. All inclusive holidays to Tenerife are also a great way experience the island.
Tenerife, also referred to as the "island of eternal spring", enjoys balanced, warm, subtropical weather all year round, offering annual sunshine. The weather in Tenerife offers a range of temperatures from 18-21°C for a "mild" winter, and going up to 25°C in the summer, the constant glorious weather is one of Tenerife's biggest attractions.